Walk The Wye is an annual Rotary Club sponsored walk, along the banks of the River Wye. and organised by the Rotary clubs of Monmouth, Chepstow and Ross on Wye. The 2015walk took place on 10th May. Our next Walk The Wye event will be on Sunday May 15th 2016. There will be the usual 6 walks of varying lengths to choose from along the banks of the River Wye, plus a 7th walk which climbs to several high vantage points, giving glorious views down into the Wye Valley. All walks start and finish at Monmouth.
The 2015 walk was hugely successful with 331 walkers taking part and raising over £9,300 in sponsorship. When Gift Aid is added, the total raised will be just under £11,000. The Velindre breast cancer research team will receive 75% of this total, with the remaining 25% going to other charitable causes supported by the Rotary Clubs of Monmouth, Chepstow and Ross on Wye.
THIS WEB PAGE WILL BE UPDATED FOR THE 2016 EVENT IN JAUARY 2016. HOWEVER IF YOU NEED ANY INFORMATION, PLEASE SEND AN EMAIL TO firstname.lastname@example.org
Choose a walk. Invite your friends to join you, and have a great day out in the beautiful Wye valley, whilst raising money for breast cancer research. The 2015 Walk The Wye event will be the seventh consecutive year that it has been organised, and will again raise money for breast cancer research, and other charities supported by the Rotary Clubs of Monmouth, Ross on Wye and Chepstow. (75% of the total raised will go to the Velindre Cancer Centre at Cardiff and 25% to Rotary) The 2014 walk was a great success with over 300 walkers taking part, and raising £8,400 for charity. In total, the previous 6 Rotary walks have raised over £61,000 for breast cancer research and we hope to significantly increase that total in 2015. We all know somebody who has been touched by breast cancer; either directly or through a relative or friend or work colleague. Progress is being made but much more research is needed in order to find a cure for this dreadful disease. Please help us raise funds to support the research.