COLLECT SPONSORSHIP to support breast cancer research

“Walk The Wye” is a sponsored walking event which is raising funds for charity. The total amount raised by this event will be split, with 75% going to the Velindre Cancer Centre in Cardiff and the remaining 25% going to other charitable causes supported by the Rotary Clubs of Monmouth, Chepstow and Ross on Wye.

Your entry fee only contributes towards the organisational costs of our Walk The Wye event. We ask that all participants raise sponsorship money in support of breast cancer research.

Sponsorship forms will be sent to every participant. Please invite your friends and colleagues to sponsor you.

There is no minimum sponsorship target for each participant, but if every walker raises even a small amount of sponsorship, it will add up to a very significant sum for breast cancer research. Supporting breast cancer research is a very worthwhile cause.

We can increase the amount that you receive in sponsorship by 25% by claiming GIFT AID from HMRC, at no cost to yourself, or the people who sponsor you, provided that they are UK income tax payers.

To enable us to claim the GIFT AID , please enter the first name, surname,  and home address, details of eligible sponsors, on the sponsorship form. Tick the “GIFT AID” box, and send the completed form to “Walk The Wye” Secretary, Pete Walters, The Plain, Pen y fan, Monmouth NP25 4QY, with your total sponsorship money.

If you would like an extra sponsorship form, please telephone Pete Walters on 01600 860399.

If you prefer, your friends and colleagues can sponsor you ONLINE. Please click on the following link for ONLINE SPONSORSHIP details, where you can set up your own sponsorship web page.

WTW ONLINE DONATION PROCEDURE 2019

HOW TO PAY IN THE SPONSORSHIP MONEY THAT YOU COLLECT

Your sponsorship can be paid via bank transfer. The Walk The Wye bank account details are

Sort Code 30 95 71

Account Number 13419568

Alternatively, please send a cheque payable to Monmouth Rotary Club, and your completed Sponsorship Form, to “Walk The Wye” Secretary, Pete Walters, The Plain, Pen y fan, Monmouth NP25 4QY. after collecting donations from your sponsors. We can then claim the eligible Gift Aid from HMRC, at no cost to yourself or your sponsors.

If you prefer, you may hand your sponsorship in at Registration on the day, along with your Sponsorship Form.

Please make all cheques payable to Monmouth Rotary Club

In 2018, Walk The Wye raised £12,253 and we are hoping to raise a similar amount in 2019. This would take the total raised for breast cancer research, by our “Walk The Wye” event, to over £110,000